Saturday, January 31, 2009

Tay Gets Her Ears Pierced

My little girl is finally growing up! For nine years she's never wanted her ears pierced and has been too scared to do it. But last week she came home asking if she could finally get her ears pierced! I have to admit that I was extremely proud of her as she worked hard to earn her own money to get them done. Friday afternoon she had enough money saved up and called her Auntie Cheryl to come hold her hand, and we made our way down to Barb's Glitter N' Glitz. All the way down there in the car she kept telling me that she was too scared. I gave her the option to not do it, but she wouldn't hear of it. So 15 mins later we walked out of the store with a grown up Taylor, who was overly excited to tell & show everyone what she did! I was impressed with her courage and drive to pay for it herself. That night we had a girls night and had to paint her fingernails to match her earrings. What a day to remember!

5 comments:

Susan said...

Wow, Taylor! I remember, not that long ago, when you cut your ear, (shortly after you moved into the basement of Grandma's White House). You were so scared of the doctor's needle, I didn't know if you would ever dare something like this. And you did it! So now you know. Courage isn't not be afraid. It's to face your fears. See you soon.

Debbie Burns said...

Grats, Taylor! I am impressed you saved up your own money to get this done. You are one imazing young woman!

Naomi said...

Way to go Taylor! I am so proud of you! Oh, and look at you saving up your own money. Very impressive! Miss you!

"The Cheryl" said...

Taylor - you were waaaay brave - we were so proud of you - and with those earings, you look so GROWN-UP!!! Way to be so independent, girlie!!

Luv ya!
Auntie Cheryl*

The Buckner Family said...

Congrats on the new earrings. They look fabulous. we love you!