Sunday, April 12, 2009

Send in the reinforcements!!!


This last week was a heaven send! Mom & Dad Buckner and Jess drove 11 hours from Utah. To do what? Yes...work on the house...gotta love'em. They arrived Monday afternoon and even after driving since 6:30 came over and worked on the house until around 10p.m. That's what I call devotion, undying sacrifice, service, charity, love, and the list goes on. Just when I thought I couldn't continue to work any more, they came and gave me the boost I need to make it to the finish(hopefully). We worked on patching, priming, sanding, taping, masking, more sanding, more patching, more priming, and still more and more sanding. They seemed to feel new muscles that they hadn't felt for a while. I was impressed as dad even jumped on Nathan's painting stilts to cut in the ceilings, and didn't fall. Talk about skill.

They kept us on our toes and constantly working from sun-up to sun-down. (Although Jess and I did sneak away for a few hours to do her "grad" photo shoot -I'll post a few pics on that next). For us Buckners to get together and not include a games night is pretty rare, but this trip was pretty much all business, and we love them for it!


Thanks Mom, Dad and Jess for your love, patience, and hard work...we couldn't have gotten this far without you!

1 comment:

Naomi said...

That's awesome Gen that your family came into to town to help out. I bet it was really hard to say goodbye. Can't wait to see your place when we come in June!