Sunday, January 23, 2011

Home Improvement

So I know some of you are thinking.."Yeah sure, Gen is going to keep up with her goal to blog more frequently....Where's she been lately?" Well, My answer is "Home Improvement" - No I haven't been spending countless hours on the couch watching episode after episode of the show, but I have been down in my basement trying to get it finished!I thought I would put up a few pics to give you an idea of what we have been up to!

We have been working in the familyroom, trying to get the trim up and ready for paint:


We built the shelves for the linen closet & got it painted. (As you can see I barely gave it time for the paint to dry before I filled it's shelves!)


Here's the boys room. We built the window seats, shelves in the closets, put up the trim and got it painted, and Nathan has been working on the boys forest mural! It just needs a few finishing touches like curtain rods & curtains, and hanging rods in the closets, but it will be move in ready soon!


No, it's not a coffin, it's inside the window seats:

The boys have plans to make their room out in Camo. So far we have camo curtians and bed sheets, and we have toy boxes we are going to paint like ammo boxes, etc. Hopefully they will love it! Here is a picture of Brennan guarding his door already-



Thanks to my neighbor, friend and Visiting Teaching companion who gave me an afternoon of her time we were able to get things spakled, sanded, caulked and painted in the hallway and Taylor's room got it's trim and window boxes done, so all we have left is the mural. She wants it to look like you are small in a big garden. She wants large flowers and danelions on the walls with Fairies and Butterflies, kinda a tall order, so we'll see how it all works out!



And finally my last thing to be excited about- I learned how to cut angels for bay window areas! I know this may not sound like a big feat for some of you, but I was so worried going into it....but it all worked out in the end!
So here is your brief update for now. So If you wonder where we have gone and never see us out and about anymore, you'll know we are working hard to get out basement completely finished!

4 comments:

Debbie Buckner said...

Wow, on the angles, you are incredible. I love the boys room, Nathan you did wonderful. I can't wait to see Tays walls. Good job kids, we love you.

chick pea said...

Wow!! I completely love the boys room! It looks amazing! Good for you guys.
Genn I got your message. I would love to go in May. I'll call you.

Debbie Burns said...

Everything looks amazing! You guys are so talented!!! I love that even if you don't know how to do something, you are not afraid to try. Love ya!

The FOUR M's... said...

GEN!! I don't know how I lost your blog address when we moved (maybe it was when our computer crashed...) but I am so excited to have found it again. Your house looks amazing and your family is as cute as ever. I miss you! I can't wait until summer -- we'll have to do a picnic or something again. If you are ever in Lethbridge, feel free to stop by! 380-0506. Love ya!